Friday, April 29, 2016

April Madness



So so  many birthdays in April.  
Who'd a thunk?
For this one, I started with a left over piece that was blended with distress inks for another card.  A piece of scrap actually (using resources wisely). I cut the edge with scallops and dots and then stamped the sentiment in Tuxedo Black and clear embossing powder to raise it up just a bit.
I ran cream card stock with a flower all over embossing folder through my cuttlebug and rounded off the 4 corners.  I tied some blue twine around the sentiment and attached it with dimensional tape. I glued all of that to a piece of peacock blue card stock to frame it off and then onto a cream card base.


I would like to add this card to the following  challenges if I may:

Make My Monday: Spring Flowers
Die Cutting Divas: Spring Flowers
Double D Challenge: Spring Flowers
Creative Card Crew:  Emboss (Dry or Wet)
Seize the Birthday: Anything Goes
Try Stamping Tuesday: Sketch











Heather F

5 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh so pretty! What a beautiful design idea! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘APRIL SHOWERS BRING MAY FLOWERS’ Challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Colleen said...

I like your embossed background and the strip with the sentiment...love it when it comes together and we can use scraps from another card! Thank you for playing with us at Seize the Birthday!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

Fliss said...

Really gorgeous card.
Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us at Make My Monday.
Fliss DT x

Glenda J said...

Lovely card! Terrific texture and colour. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.