Sunday, June 12, 2016

Stripes and Flowers


          Continuing with my blues for the weekend.  I started with watercolor paper and brushed on Broken China, Blueprint Sketch and Chipped Sapphire.  I let that dry and then dropped water onto the strips to pull off some color.
           Using the sketch from Retrosketches, I added the grosgrain ribbon in blue and black hearts.  I cut the larger circle with my cricut in blue cs and the 2 inch circle in white cs with my circle punch.  I used the blue circle to frame the white.  I stamped some flowers with a set by Fiskars and then brushed them in with the same color inks as the stripes.  I used a paper button and colored that with a blue sharpie and then covered that with glossy accents and added the twine through the holes to form a bow.
           The sentiment was stamped with black StazOn and then heat set with clear embossing powder to lift it a bit from the vellum paper.
             All of this was attached to blue cs base.




    A close up of the button because it's not really clear on the main picture






I would like to add this card to the following challenges if I may:





    Retrosketches:









Fab and Funky: Favorite color theme:  Blue
Simply Create Too: Use a button or bow
CASual Friday: Florals
Through the Purple Haze:  Use a punch (2" round)
Addicted to Stamps: Make your Mark - watercoloring

Thank you so very much
Have a fantastic day !!

Dawn

5 comments:

LisaH said...

Beautiful card Dawn! Such a pretty color combination. Thanks so much for joining us over at CAS-ual Fridays The Challenge this week.

The Little Stamper said...

What a great combination of Blues. Your cards looks really lovely.

Thanks for haring at Fab n Funky.

Sharon x

Gerda said...

What a beautiful card!! Love the pretty colors!! Great take on the sketch!! Thanks for joining us at “Simply Create Too”, hope to see you next time again.

DT-Member SCT
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Barb Ghig said...

Fabulous card, Dawn! I love how you brushed in the colors on the stripes...very clever and a great effect! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

EdenLand Designs said...

Love this card!!! The colors and how you've arranged all the elements makes it so striking! Thanks for sharing this with us at ATSM this week :)
Susan - DT