Sunday, January 22, 2017

Bright and Pretty Dragonflies




       It's that time of year again that we come to the Birthday of my favorite twins.  I always do two cards that are the same but different.  This year we have a set of dragon flies.
       Both are on white CS with a white CS base.  The first one I started with Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Peacock Feathers and Shaded Lilac.  I put the ink on the craft sheet and added water and dragged the paper through the colors.  I didn't really get the effect I wanted so I added more of the same colors with a sponge.  The second one I just went right for the sponging and used Wild Honey, Picked Raspberry and Fired Brick.
         The dragon fly is an old mounted rubber stamp that I've had forever.
         I cut the squares on the diagonal with a Fiskars free moving cutter.  I stamped the one sentiment with Wild Honey and added clear embossing powder over it.  The other I use Mermaid Lagoon.







I would like to add these cards to the following card challenges if I may please:
CASology:  Cuts
The Card Concept: Fresh and Bold using CAS
Let's Craft and Create: Things with Wings.
Through the Purple Haze:  Happy Anything.
Sugar Pea Designs: ATG/ATG










Thank you so very much for stopping by.
Have an amazing day.


Dawn

7 comments:

Claire said...

Pretty cards Dawn - love a spritzed background behind a black stamp...those dragonflies look like they'll fly straight off the card!

Sarah Ashley Posch said...

I really love this design, Dawn. The bright colors really pop.

Judy1223 said...

Wow, these backgrounds are so beautiful -- on both cards! How sweet to make similar cards for twins, yet each one is unique. Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Aileen said...

Beautiful, such a simple look yet so eye catching.

Leslie said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Let's Craft and Create's "Things With Wings" challenge!
Hugs,
Leslie, Let's Craft and Create DT
Love To Scrap 2

Maureen said...

Love the effect of the distress inks...so simple and beautiful! Thanks for joining us over on the Card Concept!

Unknown said...

Pretty little card. Love those bright cheerful colours. Thank you for sharing with us over at Let's Craft & Create. Best of luck with your entry.

Mary DT for http://letscreatechallenges.blogspot.co.uk/...