Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Just Because ----- Plaid

       
 
     


     This card is for a great sketch on Try Stamping (or Not) on Tuesday with an optional theme of 'plaid or checkerboard' #311.   Come along and play .............
      I found a scrap piece of pretty yellow and white plaid paper, so soft and happy from DCWV.
The sentiment was cut from light lavender cs on my Cricut using "Lyrical Letters' cartridge as well as the framed leaf.
The bright yellow cs was run through my cuttlebug using a Darice folder of woodgrain.
All of this backed with a darker purple cs and base.   A couple of purple sequins for blingage.



Here is the sketch for Try Stamping on Tuesday ....






















I hope you have fun playing along ...





I would also like to add this card to the following challenges if I may
Pixie Challenge ... because this one actually has a Snippet or two ... :)
Fantabulous Cricut - add sequins


Have a great day !!


Dawn

7 comments:

Dorlene Durham said...

Great card. I love using the cricut for letters. It's so easy instead of holding onto lots of alphabet stickers. Thanks for playing with the FCCB challenge. Dorlene

Cynthia said...

Very pretty card! I love purple and gold- my old school colors and I love sending "Just Because" cards! Thanks for joining FCCB Challenge this week!
~Cynthia

Di said...

Wonderful card Dawn! I'm so happy you came back to play - super colours and the sentiment looks so cool on its side like that.

Hugs

Di xx

scrapqueen141 said...

Very sweet card, love your color choices! Thank you for joining us at FCCB! Blessings, Jamie

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Lovely textures and great spring colours.


Love and hugs
Maarit

Karla Yungwirth said...

I love the way you used the diecuts to follow the sketch- so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us for the FCCB challenge this week! Hugs, DT Karla

Sarn said...

Very striking colour combo and great take on the sketch.

Waving hello from the Snippets Playground.

Hugs, Sarn xxx