Sunday, February 26, 2017

Single Layer ....






  There was a time that I wouldn't go near a single layer challenge.  I would always end up making a mistake and tossing it.  Slowly, I began to tame that fear.
I grabbed a piece of scrap paper and cut a circle with a punch.  I taped that down onto a piece of white card stock base and sponged the interior of the circle with Mustard Seed, Scattered Straw and Wild Honey.  I then took the cut circle and covered the sponged sun and began on the background with sponging Chipped Sapphire, Weather Wood, Stormy Sky, tumbled Glass, Broken China, Evergreen Bough, Pine Needles and Forest Moss.
The flower stamp set is from Inkadinkadoo.  I stamped the various grasses and wild flower silhouettes.  I darkened a couple of flowers with a fine point marker to bring them forward in the landscape.
The sentiment was stamped with Black StazOn.







I would like to add this card to the following challenges if I may:
CAS Friday:  Single Layer
Simon Says:  ATG
Creative Fingers:  ATG
QKR Challenge:  Birthday ATG
Creative Sentiments: Spring
Pixie Challenge: Flowers.
Sweet Stamping: Single Layer

Thank you so very much for stopping by.
Have a fantastic day !!



Dawn

Thank you for the recognition .... 



9 comments:

samanthadesigns said...

Very elegant card! The colors are just right and the results are perfect.

laurigami said...

Elegant card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs. hugs
Laurigami

Di said...

Hi Dawn

This really is such a beautiful card - gosh you're talented!

I see that you haven't played in the Snippets Playground before and being absolutely honest and fair I have to say that this lovely card doesn't meet the only real criteria we have - which is that you must use at least one 'scrap or snippet'. In view of that I'm going to delete your entry from Mr Linky but am also going to ask you to please join in again with a future make using even a scrap of ribbon, lace, card - please! I feel heavy hearted doing this but by deleting your entry it means you can play again right away (I only allow one entry per fortnight). It would be really great to have you playing along with us!

Come back soon!

Hugs

Di xx

Jane Savage said...

Wow this is a work of art!!!
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments! Jane (GDT) xxx

Chris said...

A stunning one layer card, wonderful colours and stamping, it's very beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

Gayatri said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx

Dorothy S said...

This is such a lovely one layer card - I often steer clear of one layer cards, and I appreciate the details you included - it will be fun to try. Thanks for entering the QKR Stampede weekly Anything Goes challenge (with a birthday twist). Dorothy S, DT member

NanaConnie said...

Absolutely stunning, Dawn! What an incredible job of sponging the colors. Thanks so much for joining in our "Anything Goes or Birthdays" challenge at QKR Stampede this week. Good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie DT

Lia said...

This is stamping at its very best. Great card!
Lia, DT S4F