Sunday, February 19, 2017

Thinking of you





           This was a challenge of the color fern.  I knew I had a piece somewhere in my room but couldn't find it.  After much digging, I found and old 12x12 pad that I had forever that had the color.  The only name on the front of the pad was Cartulina Texturizada.  It's a pad of solid colors and texture on one side and smooth on the other.   It's also white core and probably why it was on the bottom of the drawer.
             On a small piece of white card stock I secured a stencil and blended so many inks .... Forest Moss, Pine Needles, Evergreen Bough, Crushed Olive and Old Paper.
            From the fern card stock, I used a Penny Black fancy edge die (and had to ink the edge because of the white core) in the small loops, I used a Q tip.  Probably not the best choice of stock to use with a die but I needed that color.  LOL.
             The butterflies were punched out of a scrap piece of designer paper to pull the mint and chocolate into the mix.
            The tag was cut cut from a chocolate piece of card stock from the same pad.  I was going to mount it on the chocolate but didn't like the look.  I again had to edge the piece because of the white core.
           The sentiment (a stamp from Hampton Arts) was stamped in embossing ink and gold powder.
All of this was mounted on cream card stock with a top fold.  Added blink was a big white enamel dot.


I would like to add this card to the following challenges if I may:

Fab 'n Funky: Bingo: Gem/Die Cut/Stitching
Butterfly Challenge:#72 The color Fern and paper piercing.
Color Throwdown:













Stamp, Play, Create Chocolate Baroque Challenge #32 Color Challenge













Color My Heart #231 Color Challenge













.

Thank you for stopping by ....
Enjoy the rest of your day

Dawn

6 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Hello Dawn, I don't think you have played along before so welcome to my butterfly challenge. Your fern coloured card stock looks the part and is perfect with the mint and brown mix. I love that die cut edging, so delicate. Thankyou for fluttering by with the lovely card. hugs Mrs A.

judith@poppy cottage said...

Hi Dawn, love the variegated panel, the stencil is really pretty. Thanks for entering the Chocolate Baroque Challenge, Judith xx

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Lovely stencilling and beautiful card composition. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Color My Heart Color Dare blog--please join us again soon!
:) Marie

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! I love those butterflies with the stencil. Thank you for joining us this week at Color My Heart.

Claire said...

Beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us at Chocolate Baroque Challenge this time
Claire xx

annewaller said...

Lovely card and great use of edger die and stencilled panel. Good luck with the Chocolate Baroque Challenge x