Sunday, July 9, 2017

Space Hello






            This was a fun card ... I used the sketch by Catch the Bug Challenge blog.  The image is by Bugaboo as well.
I used markers to color the image and used glossy accents on the helmet to give it some texture and a realistic look
            I stamped random stars with white embossing powder and the one side of the card.  Using red cs, I used a MS edge punch and ran faux stitching with a white gel pen along the other edge.  I adhered this all onto the same color top fold cs base and added dots in the corner topped with glossy accents.









I would like to add this card into the following challenges if I may please,
Catch the Bug Challenge Blog - Sketch
The Male Room - Texture
Simon Says - Red, White and Blue
Seize the Birthday - Red and White and you
Little Red Wagon - Wet and Wild (the glossy accents on the helmet looks wet)
Shopping Our Stash - Red White and Blue
My Favorite things - Red, White and Blue.
Mod Squad: Mark it/Stamp it.  Color your stamp with a marker.


Thanks for stopping by ....
have a great day


Dawn

7 comments:

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This is such a clever and charming card! I love the way you incorporated red, white and blue in such an original way. The bold colors made me smile and you get an A+++ for your coloring skills! The stars really pop with the embossing technique you used and the whole thing came together beautifully. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Unknown said...

Nice card! Thank you for sharing with us this week at LRW.

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh YES, this is absolutely as FUN as can be; as well as being a great use of your patriotic colors! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! <3

Judy Woodland said...

Such a sweet card, I love the white embossed stars. Thanks for playing along with us this week over at the Mod Squad.
Judy~ Challenge Host

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh he is TO FUN! Great coloring too Thanks for joining in at STB

Rocky said...

Fab card, love the glossy accent addition. Thank you for joining us at TMR.

Deborah Frings said...

Super cute card. I do like that image and he's beautifully coloured, love the glossy accent texture! Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room, and I'm sorry to be so late commenting! Deborah, DT.